It’s amazing when you realize how much media our kids are really exposed to daily. (Media, in this case, refers to TV, computers, DVDs, video games and music).
- Kids spend, on average, 6.5 hours a day with media
- 26 percent of the time, they are using more than one device. This means that 8.5 hours’ worth of media exposure a day is packed into 6.5 hours. (This is equivalent to a full-time job).
- Kids spend more than three hours a day watching TV
- They read an average of 45 minutes a day
- Kids with TVs in their bedrooms watch, on average, an hour and a half more than kids without TVs in their bedrooms.
- 55 percent of homes get premium channels like HBO
- HBO and Showtime had 85 percent (the highest amount) of violent programming