Resources mentioned in this podcastCheck out Dr. Meg’s digital toolkit, “How To Have The Talk With Your Child”Go to megmeekermd.com and click on “Parenting Resources” to find out more!Omax3 Ultra-Pure is the purest Omega-3 supplement on the market.
Go to SunBasket.com/meg today to learn more and get $35 off your first order!
Dr. Ross Greene sits down with Dr. Meeker to discuss his book, The Explosive Child and the approach called Collaborative & Proactive Solutions (CPS). Dr. Greene discusses the problems and frustrations that make a child explosive or implosive. He explains that concerning behaviors are caused by unsolved problems and expectations and if those problems are never solved, the behaviors are going to still exist until we find a solution. Medical diagnosis like Autism Spectrum Disorder do not tell us everything we need to know about a child. Each child is unique in the way they process unsolved problems or expectations.
Some topics covered:
• The collaborative and proactive solutions model is just as applicable to impulsive kids as it is to the explosive kids.
• Concerning behaviors are simply the means, by which the kid is communicating that there is an expectation they are
having trouble meeting.
• Finding solutions to the unsolved problems.
• Identify certain expectations causing the unsolved problem(s).
• Engage kids in the process of solving problems in a way that they’re heard, the caregiver is heard, and we are
coming up with solutions that must address the concerns of both parties.